By the Grace of Allah, Syedna Hazrat Khalifatul-Masih V (May Allah be his Helper!) has graciously granted approval for a Canadian Atfal Trip to UK from March 13 – 19, 2018. Atfal are going to have the opportunity to offer Prayers behind Huzoor Anwar (May Allah be his Helper!) during this trip.
The spots will fill up on a first come first serve basis as soon as the payment is received
To go on this trip the following requirements must be met.
- The Tifl must be 12-15 year old and a member of Majlis Atfalul Ahmadiyya Canada
(i.e. date of birth must be from November 1, 2002 to March 13, 2006)
- Click here to Register. To give a fair chance to Atfal all across Canada, each region has been allocated a limited number of seats (based on Tajnid).
- Pay the trip fee set at $1000 right after you have registered
- Priority will be given to those Atfal that did not participate in UK Trip 2017. Any Tifl who went on the Atfal UK Trip last year would like to attend this year, he will be put on a Stand-By List. If any spaces still remain, the Atfal on the waiting list will be contacted on/after February 1st, 2018.
- The Tifl must have a valid passport (6 month validity after March is required)
- The Tifl must stay with the Atfal group throughout the trip
- A written parental consent form will be emailed after confirmation of payment individually. Consent form will be required in order to allow the Tifl to travel with the group under the supervision of a representative from National, or Regional ‘Amila.
- Attend the rehearsal classes / meetings in preparation for this blessed trip
- Uniform: Atfal must bring Two plain white shirts, two plain black dress pants, and black socks
ALL Payments will be done directly through a Travel Agent. Details of Travel Agent will be provided after the completion of Registration.
What Does the $1000 Cover?
- Trip Fare
- Travel Insurance
- Memorable Jacket
This is a life changing opportunity for Atfal of Canada. Your Mayar Kabir Atfal children will remember this trip for the rest of their lives.
Can my younger son (in Mayar Saghir) come along with the older brother who is in Mayar Kabir?
The trip is strictly for Atfal who are 12-15 year old (for the date of birth range listed above) as they are capable of taking care of themselves.
Can my son visit the relatives who live in the United Kingdom?
The purpose of this trip is to have a positive and lasting impact on Atfal. That requires that Atfal stay together as a group and participate in all the activities (meetings, tours) that are in the planning for them. Staying together will also allow the Atfal to develop brotherhood and make this a memorable trip for the rest of their lives. We will be allocating some time to meet with relatives. For children’s safety, no Tifl will be allowed to leave the premises without first getting consent from the parents.
Do Atfal need to bring a Uniform or is that provided?
We are asking that each Tifl should bring two sets of the standard Atfal Uniform: two plain black dress pants (i.e. not jeans) and two plain white dress shirts with full sleeves. These will be required when offering the Friday Prayers and during any formal meeting. This is necessary for a uniform look. Due to the varying sizes, this is not being provided. A Jacket, a hat, a scarf, and a badge will be provided.
Can my son go on his own and join you in UK?
This is an international (group) field trip. We are traveling together as a group and don’t have individual itineraries. Feel free to write for permission or accommodations due to some special circumstances (beyond your control) for consideration. Your requests will be sent to the organizers of this trip for consideration.
Aren’t the current flight rates cheaper than $1000?
The $1000 covers the flight fair, jacket, travel insurance, and hat. As of January 6, 2018, direct flight rates range from $720 to $920. These are expected to go up in the next few days. The group rate we get matches with the current available flight rate for that airline & flight.
We are traveling as a group on the same flight. You can check with any Airline to realize that even on the same flight not everyone pays the same for similar seats (e.g. economy). The first few seats are definitely cheaper. So on any flight, one person may have paid $700 while another person next to him may have paid $1200. Each flight has a limited number of seats available for a separate ticket price (to maximize profits). When you reserve seats as a group, the rates are averaged out.
Wouldn’t it be cheaper to allow the Atfal to book their own flights?
We have made the decision to take the Atfal as a group and have arranged a group deal for one particular flight from Toronto (where the maximum number of seats were available).
There are a couple of advantages to getting a group deal:
a) our requirement to travel together is met. This is necessary for better supervision & transportation.
b) a set of seats is reserved at a fixed rate
c) everyone pays the same fixed fair and someone deciding to go on the trip (slightly) later on doesn’t have to worry about paying a higher fair
If Atfal were allowed to book flights individually on their own, the flight rates will automatically go up once people start booking flights for the same dates. Allowing the children to travel alone and/or on separate flights is not a viable option. Multiple flights with different airports, dates, and times for one particular trip would have greater challenges for Muntazimin of Transport in UK as well. Flight cancellations and delays will complicate matters further. So we have made the decision to travel as a group after much consideration.
May Allah bless our efforts and make this trip a source of lasting blessings for all of us! Amin